We are looking for Drivers for our Fresh Moves Mobile Market.
Please check out the Job Description and email your interested to FreshMovesGP@gmail.com
Growing Power provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Fresh Moves Outreach –Driver (CDL)
Growing Power’s Farm to City-Fresh Moves in the Neighborhood program (Fresh Moves) seeks an experienced driver. Fresh Moves uses converted city buses as mobile farmers markets, ‘the produce aisle on wheels’ works toward closing the ‘food access’ gap. Customers board bus and fill their bags with delicious local vegetables, produce and fruit. Produce is priced to be affordable for all and fair return for the farmers.
Driver responsibilities include:
- Drive to community FM bus stops via weekly schedule; communicate with site coordinators at each site to ensure safe and accessible parking space for bus.
- Fuel bus daily
- Inspect bus and schedule regular maintenance
- Support sales and outreach at each site as needed
- Produce transportation from local farmers, wholesalers and other suppliers
- Coordinate produce and fruit procurement pick-ups
- Assist with stocking bus and support inventory and quality assurance of produce in collaboration with sales staff.
- Excellent driving record, CDL license up to date.
- Knowledge of produce handling and wholesale food operations helpful
- Ability to problem solve and excellent communication skills
- Competency working with communities of color and diverse workplace; likes to work with others.
Fresh Moves stops are each 90 – 120 minutes. Approximately 15 – 20 stops each week. Fresh Moves operates year-round, with the exception of holidays, and a 2 week hiatus between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
This position is currently on an as needed basis with very near future opportunity for full or part-time employment.